St-​Ilija

His­tory of St-​Ilija

The Mace­don­ian church parish in Mis­sis­sauga was founded in 1979. The first church build­ing was located on 290 Derry Rd West. In 1997 the parish relo­cated to its Streetsville loca­tion, restor­ing and con­vert­ing a for­mer art gallery into a church. In 2000 the church fell vic­tim to an arson attack and a large por­tion of the build­ing was destroyed. After rais­ing funds from the local parish com­mu­nity, the deci­sion came forth to build a new church. Foun­da­tions were laid on a new loca­tion on Sep­tem­ber 7, 2002, and was com­pleted in 2004.

1775 Bris­tol Road West
Mis­sis­sauga Ontario L5M 2Y5 Canada
Home His­tory His­tory of St-​Ilija